Effective and updated May 2018
The Policy covers information that you give when you buy, attend and/or bid something from PRPHC, or consign products, service or other goods to us, register for membership or attend any of our live events around the world, visit or register for any of our branded websites or apps, request a catalog, sign up for any of our print or online publications or newsletters or publish information on PRPHC’s pages on social media platforms. We will publish a link to the Policy at the bottom of online properties to which it applies and as often as possible, will include its URL, on paper forms to which it is applicable.
Please note that we may offer you online auction opportunities in two ways:
HOW PRPHC COLLECT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
Personal information is information, or a combination of pieces of information that could reasonably allow you to be identified. We will collect personal information about you from a variety of sources, including information we collect from you directly (e.g. when you contact us), information we collect about you from other sources and information we collect automatically from you, as described below:
Information We Collect Directly From You
The categories of information that we collect directly from you are: personal details (e.g., name, date of birth), contact details (e.g., phone number, email address, postal address), transaction information (e.g., bidding records, shipping details, information about items you purchase or wish to consign), limited financial information (e.g., tokenized payment information in connection with your purchases, wire instructions), username and password, and identification information.
We rely on the information you provide to us or that we collect or observe about your individual interactions with us, for example, if you attend a live event, participate in one of our auctions, become a client, or register online. If you have registered with us online, we use data collection technologies to collect information that indicates your individual interests in our websites, online platforms and apps, and your response to our emails and marketing campaigns.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may add public information about you from external sources, including social media sites. The categories of info we collect about you from other sources are your public profile information, family relationships, and organizational affiliations. We may work to expand our customer base by acquiring names, contact data, financial information, affiliations, and demographic information from other sources such as private companies, public registers, and social media sites. We may also generate information such as appraisals, profiles, and a history of our relationships with you based on the information you have provided or that we have obtained from other sources.
We may make video recordings of our live events.
Information We Collect Automatically
We may use common data collection technologies as you visit our websites or apps or interact with our emails:
–Our logs gather date, time, information about your browser and system or device configuration, information about how you interact with our digital properties, and an IP address for all visitors to our sites. We use this information for our internal security purposes, for trend analysis and system administration, and to gather general information about our audiences and their geographic locations.
– In general, our future app will funnel data you provide about yourself, for example, registration or bidding data, back to our data bases and systems. An app may however, rely on other data collection technologies to recognize the device you use for viewing and personalize your experience. If our app relies on additional data collection technologies that collect or use data about individual users, we will include additional notice either within the app or in a policy that accompanies it.
– We also use and allow certain other companies to use technologies that are similar to cookies (for example pixels and gifs) when we send you emails. This helps support the delivery of Internet-based content and advertisements to you.
The way we analyse personal information for advertising and marketing purposes and for client development, risk assessment, or fraud prevention may involve profiling, which means that we may process your personal information using software that is able to evaluate your personal aspects and predict risks or outcomes. For example, we may use the information we collect (e.g., bidding information, browsing history, and consignment history) to infer your interests. And we may use those inferences to support automated decisions about the content, recommendations, and offers we present to you on our digital properties. We may use automated tools to flag for further review suspicious activities associated with our digital services (e.g., multiple logins from different locations within a short period of time or activities associated with suspicious IP addresses). These automated activities will not, in themselves, have legal or similar effects for you.
HOW PRPHC USES INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
PRPHC uses data about you for the following purposes:
–To manage and assure the integrity of our activities.
–To fulfill your orders, facilitate consignments, provide the services, publications, catalogues/magazines, and information you request, and manage your account, enquiries and requests and to manage your relationship with us.
–To send you information about upcoming events and content that you may be interested in.
–To improve and personalize our website and services.
–To match online ads to your interests, arrange for PRPHC and other companies’ ads to reach you after you have left our sites, and help advertisers show you ads that are more relevant to your interests.
– To expand our online audiences.
– To provide, maintain, and protect our digital offerings.
– To protect against risk of fraud by clients.
– To protect and defend our rights and property, you, or third parties.
– To comply with legal obligations to which we are subject and cooperate with regulators and law enforcement bodies.
– For any other purpose that we tell you about specifically when you register or provide data about yourself to us.
WHEN PRPHC MAY DISCLOSE INFORMATION THAT IDENTIFIES YOU
PRPHC may disclose or transfer data that identifies you to other companies or entities only as follows:
–To business partners and vendors that work on our behalf to provide services such as item shipments, mailings, customer account and technology support, secure payment processing, fraud prevention, digital marketing management, and data storage.
–To our online auction, product and services partners.
–To consigners and others as needed to facilitate a consignment.
–To organizations we partner with to host events.
–To other companies within thePRPHC group of companies for marketing, business development purposes and internal reporting.
–To law enforcement or other entities that present valid legal process or in our discretion, unless otherwise prohibited by law, to protect human safety, our rights, or the rights of others.
–To meet certain legal compliance requirements for example, under AML (anti-money laundering) laws, or customs laws and regulations.
–As part of a sale, merger, liquidation, or transfer of our business assets.
You have a choice about and control over:
– Receiving marketing messages from us. We may contact you by email, text, or SMS messaging.
– We encourage you to visit PRPHC Preference Pages to let us know what information you would like us to send to you and your preferred means of delivery.
– You may also stop email marketing by using the “opt out,” or “unsubscribe” mechanism at the bottom of our email marketing messages. In most cases, we will give you a choice about stopping just one kind of email or opting out of all email marketing from us.
– If you have provided data about yourself to become a member of PRPHC and reside in the European Union (“EU”) you have the legal right to ask us not to process that personal data about you for marketing purposes and to revoke your consent at any time. To make such a request, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
– Whether your account is up to date. You may review and edit the Personal Information that is stored in your user account on our website (e.g., your passwords and other contact information) by visiting the “Profile” area of your account on our website or by contacting PRPHC via the email address at the end of this policy. We will endeavor to respond to your request as soon as practicable. Before we are able to provide you with any information, correct any inaccuracies, or delete any information, however, we may ask you to verify your identity and to provide other details to help us to respond to your request.
INFORMATION SECURITY AND STORAGE
PRPHC is a global company. We receive data collected locally and collect data online directly from individuals in countries around the world. We may process that data on servers globally. We have put recognized protections in place for the transfer of data from members of PRPHC in the EU to our servers in Asia.
We protect your information using physical, technical, and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, and alteration. Please be aware, though, that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. You remain responsible for protecting your username and password and for the security of information you transmit to us over the Internet.
We will keep your personal information for as long as we have a relationship with you. Once our relationship with you has come to an end, we will retain your personal information for a period of time that enables us to:
– Maintain business records for analysis and/or audit purposes.
– Comply with record retention requirements under the law or other relevant legal or regulatory requirements.
– Defend or bring any existing or potential legal claims.
– Deal with any complaints regarding the services.
– Preserve historical records of transactions and property.
We will delete your personal information when it is no longer required for these purposes.
Our websites are directed to adults, including young adults. They are not directed to children, particularly under those under the age of eighteen. We do not accept them as clients or knowingly collect data about them.
Our websites may contain links to other websites not owned or controlled by PRPHC. Those websites may collect information about you. PRPHC is not responsible for their practices or content.
HOW TO CONTACT US